Department of English
History of Department
The Department of English was established in 1964.The College started with B. A. B. Com. and B.Sc. Courses. English is a compulsory subject for all the faculties. The Department of English aims for the holistic development of the students
Dr. Mrs. Sunanda S. Shelake Head of English Department is the BOS member of Shivaji University, English Department.
She has achieved the state level Teacher Meritorious Award – Gunavant Shikshak Puraskar for her contribution in educational field.
1) To enable to listen English with proper understanding
2) To enable to speak English correctly.
3) To enable the students to read English and comprehend and interpret the text. 4) To enable the students to write English correctly and meaningfully
5) To enable to acquire knowledge of the elements of English.
6) To enable to develop interest in English
7) To enable students to express themselves creatively and imaginatively.
- To develop of student’s linguistic and literary competency in the present scenario of globalization.
- To acquaint the student to various language skills, trends and movements in literature.
- To inculcate Literary and Critical sense among the students.
- To help the students to appreciate the aesthetic values in literature.
- To organize National Level Seminar / conference / workshop.
- To organize webinar.
- To organize State Level English Elocution Competition.
- To establish English Club with following activities-
- Essay Writing Competitions.
- Elocution Competitions.
- Poetry Recitation Competition
- Reading Competition
- Poster Presentation Competition.
- Impressive Signature Competition
- English Quiz Competition
- Celebratition of Anniversaries of great heroes and writers.
- Exhibition of wall papers.
- To prepare a team of English One Act play for performance
- To run certificate courses : (Job oriented)
- Spoken English
- Communication Skill And Personality development
- Written Communication.
- To establish Competitive Exam Oriented English guidance cell.
- To celebrate English Day.
- To assign and guide Research Projects for B.A. –I students.
- To create small videos on Literature for YOU TUBE
- To organize English Literary Meet every year through Lead College Activity
- To Create specific E-content matter for students
- To undertake Major Research Project.(Dr. S. S. Shelake)
- To pursue Ph.D.( Mrs. S.G. Patil)
- To Publish one book yearly .( Dr. S. S. Shelake)
- To publish two Research papers yearly by faculty.
- To arrange at least two Guest lecturers yearly.
B.A. – English
Sr. No. Name of Faculty Qualification Designation Post Type 1 Dr. Mrs. S.S. Shelake M.A. Ph.D. Assistant Professor Permanent 2 Mrs. S.G. Patil M.A. SET Assistant Professor Permanent
Name of activity Date Participants Elocution Competition 2016-09-07 00:00:00 27 Poetry competition 2018-02-15 00:00:00 32 Handwriting Competition 2018-02-15 00:00:00 22 Wallpaper Presentation 2018-08-20 00:00:00 16 Wallpaper Presentation 2018-08-20 00:00:00 35 Elocution Competition 2018-09-07 00:00:00 20 Essay Competition 2018-09-22 00:00:00 24 English Day Celebration 2019-01-25 00:00:00 34 Wallpaper Presentation 2019-08-30 00:00:00 22 Essay and Elocution Competition 2019-09-17 00:00:00 38 Mahatma Gandhi Birth Anniversary 2019-10-02 00:00:00 35 Handwriting Competition 2020-01-01 00:00:00 29 English Day Celebration 2020-01-29 00:00:00 42