History of Department
The Department of English was established in 1964.The College started with B. A. B. Com. and B.Sc. Courses. English is a compulsory subject for all the faculties. The Department of English aims for the holistic development of the students
Dr. Mrs. Sunanda S. Shelake Head of English Department is the BOS member of Shivaji University, English Department.
She has achieved the state level Teacher Meritorious Award – Gunavant Shikshak Puraskar for her contribution in educational field.
1) To enable to listen English with proper understanding
2) To enable to speak English correctly.
3) To enable the students to read English and comprehend and interpret the text. 4) To enable the students to write English correctly and meaningfully
5) To enable to acquire knowledge of the elements of English.
6) To enable to develop interest in English
7) To enable students to express themselves creatively and imaginatively.